11/29/09

Midnight Prayer


I am not strong enough to keep going down this road
Watching memories fleet by
Watching my dreams become dimmer and dimmer
Where is my glow?
Where is my hope?
Where is my focus?
Where am I going wrong?
They say breathe;
Then Lord carry my breath,
From my lungs so I can exhale.
They say keep walking;
Then Lord steady my legs.
They say stop crying;
Then Lord wipe away my fears
I am not strong enough to keep going down this way,
Lord, ready my place in tomorrow,
For surely the troubles of yesterday,
Surely Lord,
They are done with me.

4 comments:

Robyn.K.Y said...

1st.i swear i thought Talkoum was a HE.
OK YOU DONT TWITTER ME THEN YOU ALSO DONT BLOG ME...WE COOL OR NOT LOL!!
i meant to write that in caps to keep the seriousness.

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

i will say amen to that post. We just have to keep believing and keep the faith cause in the end it always turns out alright

Tendayi said...

@Miss D Aint that the truth. you may not believe it but my joy came in that very morning. He never fails us..even if it seems like you are hanging on a thread, keep holding on. He rewards your faithfulness

@Robyn..twittered you..m off to yours now

Anonymous said...

Yay - you're blogging again :) I can relate to this prayer...and so could King David I reckon - reminds me of a few Psalms, human emotions are universal.

((HUGS))