1/20/10

LiFe SuPPoRT


What does it mean to be on life support-to be dependant on a ventilator to live? My sister's friends daughter is on one such machine. She has severe injuries from a recent fluke accident and keeps needing one operation after another.

'The ultimate goals of life support depend on the specific patient situation. Typically life support is used to sustain life while the underlying injury or illness is being treated or evaluated for prognosis. Life support techniques may also be used indefinitely if the underlying medical condition cannot be corrected but a reasonable quality of life can still be expected'.- Wikipedia
I can't even know what to pray for right now. Healing? Comfort? Strength? Wisdom? Life? I do know that God is a God of many names and He will lend Himself to this occasion as He sees fit. (For it is not my will I am pushing, but Your will to be done in this girl's life.)

meaning "God", a reference to God's power and might.
ADONAI, Malachi 1:6
meaning "Lord", a reference to the Lordship of God.
JEHOVAHYAHWEH, Genesis 2:4
a reference to God's divine salvation.
JEHOVAH MACCADDESHEM, Exodus 31:13
meaning "The Lord thy sanctifier"
JEHOVAH-ROHI, Psalm 23:1
meaning "The Lord my shepherd"
JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH, Ezekiel 48:35
meaning "The Lord who is present"
JEHOVAH-RAPHA, Exodus 15:26
meaning "The Lord our healer"
JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU, Jeremiah 23:6
meaning "The Lord our righteousness"
JEHOVAH-JIREH, Genesis 22:13-14
meaning "The Lord will provide"
JEHOVAH-NISSI, Exodus 17:15
meaning "The Lord our banner"
JEHOVAH-SHALOM, Judges 6:24
meaning "The Lord is peace"
JEHOVAH-SABBAOTH, Isaiah 6:1-3
meaning "The Lord of Hosts"
EL-ELYON, Genesis 14:17-20,Isaiah 14:13-14
meaning "The most high God"
EL-ROI, Genesis 16:13
meaning "The strong one who sees"
EL-SHADDAI, Genesis 17:1,Psalm 91:1
meaning "The God of the mountains or God Almighty"
EL-OLAM, Isaiah 40:28-31
meaning "The everlasting God"

 
I have to trust His provision and His Hand upon His daughter. We need His divine breath into this girl's lungs so she may live again. "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7). We need to release our own doubts that hold us back from trusting God and give her wholly to God's care for Jesus said in Matthew 19.14 "... Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

This situation of the little girl seems to me, mostly like the situation in which Jesus healed people who could not ask Him for help directly because they were 'incapacitated'. The stories are of the only son of a widow from Nain (Luke 7:11-14); the daughter of the religious leader Jairus (Mark 5:22-43) and Lazarus (John 11:1-44). And Jesus says to Jairus, the girls father 'Don't Be Afraid, Just Believe' in front of a mocking crowd.

And to each of these people, He says words like, 'Get Up, Come Forth, Talitha Koum' and they were returned to life. Lord, we long to hear you say these words to this little girl that she may be brought forth to life and be reunited with her family and friends but mostly to God. That is surely the only reason worth living, to be able to give God the glory. Everything else surely fades, may disappoint, may anger you, and may make you happy for a little while but with God, there is daily renewal....new mercies, grace and everlasting life.

Sometimes when I pray and say all these true and majestic things about God, I feel like maybe I am just reiterating His 'CV' to Him so I can hold Him to what He has said He is in the Bible- then He will feel 'bad' or 'He has to do it now because He has done it before' but today I learnt a little something. All these passages in the Bible are for me so that I can be encouraged and be 'done away with my unbelief' and remember Who it is I am putting my trust in so I may gain understanding of His Greatness and His abilities and His Spirit. Ephesians 3.18-21.

Everything works for the good of those who love the Lord so yup into Your hands we commit this little girl. (Please be assured that putting someone into God's hands does not mean saying we are letting them die because Jesus uttered these words on the cross in Luke 23.46. In any case Jesus was raised to life after that; David also said these words so that he may be redeemed in Psalm 31.5.)

We commit our Spirit into God's hands so that we may be restored and have life, an abundant life through Jesus Christ, the Lord and Saviour.-John 10.10- so we may be reconnected to the original Life Support.

Be blessed Ordinaros and please remember this family in your prayers. You will be in mine too.

Talkoum

PS I am not an authority on the Word but this message works for me in the manner I have written it. I hope it can serve someone else too in Jesus' name. Feel free to add/advise me on any of the issues I have written.

No comments: