1/5/10

#in2010

I WILL NOT BE NAIVE...
to think that this year will be a bed of roses;
to think that my slate will always be spick and span;
to think that everything will flow smoothly in the direction I want them to go;
to believe that people will not die or lie;
to think my pockets will be filled to overflowing with pounds,US dollars, kwacha whatever the currency;
to think that I will not have to fight or struggle to get noticed or to notice what I must;
to thiink that I will not have difficulty focussing, planning and acting;
to think that there will be no betrayal and pain, harshness and cruelty or shame
or to realise that some desires will once again be put under 'pending'...
Lord, I know that this world belongs to the most devious of thieves and he has come that he may steal, kill and destroy and he will woo some people over as he did last year..

But Lord I know, You are faithful and those who seek You with their hearts will find You and live life to the fullest, while HERE on this very earth and BEYOND the grave!
I know You wake me up to new opportunities and chances each day!
I know that as long as You are there, there is a REASON to hope whether we think we are too far gone or the rest of our world thinks that!
Lord I know, that You line the paths we struggle on with sufficient grace and strength so we can persevere in prayer, love, marriage, families, fidelity,and righteousness!
Lord I know, You heal scars, wipe away tears, and comfort all those who call on You Abba Father!
I know that You keep us out of harm's way even when we don't recognise the extent of it!
I know that You know my name and will NEVER forsake me!
I know that You heal and You give rest....

I know what the devil can do, oh I am not naive!
But I also know Who my Father IS!!!

because in 2009..I prayed for the following:
the element of surprise


Thursday, January 1, 2009 at 10:57am | Edit Note | Delete
this year Lord, i woulld like to be surprised by the simple things like my strength in the face of difficulties, surprised by my excitement when the unexpected and anticipated occur. i want to be surprised by the miracle of birth, healing and recovery. please let me be surprised everytime i observe unconditional love expressed or astounded at the promise of loyalty and faithfulness and the realisation of things hoped for. let me be amazed when people turn over a new leaf, or begin to live and serve in faith. i still want to be surprised by the growth of my nieces, nephews, siblings and friends. I want to be excited when goodness thrives or a person makes the right decisions or even extends a hand to the needy. I want to be aphalled at the prospect of wars and violence and abuse. i want to be surprised at how a song can inspire me and move me, because of its intensity. i want to be surprised at kindness and creativity and especially surprised at my parents' continued wisdom. I don't want to take You for granted and this year Lord I especially will be humbled knowing that I will need You even more. I want to be surprised that my neediness only brings You closer. like a seed on fertile soil, i will receive Your goodness and grow and, no doubt, i will have amazement on my countenance!

AND YES I WAS SURPRISED...THIS YEAR I KNOW WHAT I KNOW AND IT IS WHAT IT IS AND THE TWO THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO BE SURPRISED ABOUT IS- GETTING AN ODI FELLOWSHIP AND FALLING IN <3 WITH A GODLY MAN..WHO RECIPROCATES OBVIOUSLY...EVERYTHING else like passing exams, live births, marriages, engagements, love should be a given because Lord hears my prayers

prayers, love and blessings ordinaros

Talkoum

(Every ordinary thing is predestined for greatness as each moment is an unfolding of its worthiness. It doesn't matter if you are on front page or no page..YOU ARE, therefore, YOU ARE GREAAAAAT)

1 comment:

Kookie said...

Its good to prepare yourself against the bad but have faith that The Almighty shall see you through it and that the good shall come.

A blessed 2010 it shall surely be!